Saturday, August 14, 2010

FIRE FIRE FIRE

We had a fire at AED last Thursday! The day started off with crazy thunderstorms and then around 1pm, while I was happily plunking away at SPSS, my supervisor told me to grab my wallet, phone, and keys and evacuate immediately. There was a fire at our building, but for some reason the fire alarms on our floor does not work. That should be checked into. Anyway, I headed down 11 flights of stairs and as I walked out of the building I saw this....



It ended up being an electrical fire and you could smell it as you got closer to the first floor. We hung out for about an hour, then our department director sent us home as we would not be able to get back into the building. I happily hopped onto the metro at 2:00 and spent my afternoon chillin'. What an exciting day!

*The building was open for regular hours on Friday. Dang, I thought I would have gotten an extra long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment