Thursday, April 16, 2009

MPH Cohort 7 Attempts to Save the World


I have to admit that this is the first time in my life that I am actually a little sad that another semester is coming to an end. It is hard to believe that we have all been through a whole year of school together already. The past 8 months have been life changing in many ways for me. I am amazed that only 8 months ago, I hadn't met any of you (outside of MaryAnne). Now, after long classes, seriously educational group projects, a few inappropriate comments by myself, and much more, I have made some great (hopefully lifelong) friends. Hopefully some, most or all of you feel the same way or otherwise I will be feeling quite stupid about now...Anyway, I just want to say thank you to all of you. Each one of you has contributed greatly to me making it this far and actually enjoying it. I hope I can return that favor to all of you in my own little way at some point along the way as well. 

I was thinking about where we are all going this summer for fieldworks and/or projects and we really are covering quite the impressive area throughout the world (If I missed any area on the map, I am sorry...let me know and I will add to it!). I can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences and successes. At the same time though it really is going to be hard to end this semester as our time together is really winding down. Normally, I would embarrassed to tell people that I am going to miss them and, blah, blah, blah, but I figure you all know I am afraid of the dark etc...so, I figure I can't do that much more damage to myself than has already been done. Besides being afraid of the dark though, I hate change! So, I really am going to miss you all (except for Mark as we will be busily galavanting romantically around Europe) and I really am thankful for everything each of you have done for me over the past two semesters. I had better stop now...before I further embarrass myself and/or make Ashley throw up. Thanks again for everything. We better get good updates from everyone here as the summer goes on.

Pete
(I would have said love pete here, but some of you already know my general feelings, tactics or uses in regards to that word and so it wouldn't mean a whole lot anyway!)


P.S. MaryAnne, I know I need help. So, it really is okay if you want to go through this and correct my commas, semi-colons, etc...

2 comments:

  1. I didnt throw up, it was a nice post Pete! I agree this has been a great year and despite the long hours and sometimes frustrating circumstances I am thankful for the opportunity to get to know everyone. I better stop now, this may be a bit sentimental for me (just you wait until I have been in New York all by myself for a month, it is going to be like the episode where chandler cant cry, or the one "with the little dude"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the ... how did you put it Pete..."romantic gallivanting"? I'm not sure if I'm that said that this semester is coming to a close though. I think it has been productive; and I really have learnt a ton - but I'm good to go. Although, with that said, I will miss you guys - good thing we'll just be a post or email away from each other.

    ReplyDelete