Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Glacier...

Just for Ashley's sake, I'll post some pics of one of my latest adventures. MaryAnne and Brea already commented on them on Facebook, but for the rest of you this may be new. I went to Montana with my roommate, Natalie, two weeks ago. Yes, she's the one that was supposed to be my roommate all last year but the manager put me in the wrong apartment...some of you may have heard that story. Anyway, she's from Kalispell right up by the border with Canada so we spent some time in Glacier National Park. We even went boating one morning and, yes, glacial lakes really ARE freezing. I didn't have blood in my toes for quite some time after getting out. I also picked up a motorcycle that I'm taking with me to Texas, so I'll throw that one in there along with some scenic shots from the trip.








I'll be around until the end of August. We have mandatory orientation on the 25th, but I can't move in until the 1st of Sept so I'll be car camping and/or asking the Institute director if I can throw out a sleeping bag for a few nights. The joys of moving on a tight budget :-)

Hope everyone's doing well! For those in Utah...we should get together before everyone splits in August!

1 comment:

  1. fyi if you want to be in texas during that time but in a different aka better part of the state you are welcome to come visit dallas, we have two empty rooms (with beds) and two couches, i bet we could find a place for you to crash until you can move in... think of it as a great way to break in your new motorcycle... driving from el paso to dallas, it should only take you 8 hours...

    ReplyDelete