Thursday, November 11, 2010

From the Beehive State

So I have been more than remiss in my writing on the blog, so I'm breaking my non-writing cycle and busting out a post. This post is in honor of the upcoming GIS Day (this Wednesday, November 17th!). The last few weeks at work I have been pretty much immersed in GIS. ESRI, the company that produces the ArcGIS software, just released a new version of ArcGIS - version 10. It has a lot of new features so ESRI is traveling around the country giving free seminars on it so a few of us from work jumped on the opportunity to go. One aspect of the new ArcGIS is the web capabilities. I tried to make a dynamic cohort map, but the type of layers you can add is limited right now so I created this static map. It looked a lot clearer before I imported it into Blogger so hopefully you can see everyone's name in their respective cities (if it doesn't post well I'll try to re-post it). I miss you all and wish we were all closer, but we are seriously spread out from coast to coast.

As for a personal update, Aaron and I are still living it up in his parents' basement. We can't believe we've almost been married a year, but it has been a great one! Aaron is working at his dad's office and is enjoying being a dentist. I took over John's job in the Environmental Epidemiology Program at UDOH. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. I don't love that I sit in a cube all day, but I do have a window and one of the bigger cubes so that's nice. :) One of the fun things is that we have a national tracking conference every 6 months or so and the next one is in New York City at the end of April, so I think everyone who can should start planning a trip to the Big Apple from the 25-28 of April!!


Congrats to everyone on all of the exciting baby news! I hope that there can be some second generation cohort marriages in the future. :)


I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment