Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy 2011

Hello MPH Cohort 7,

Happy 2011! I thought in honor of the New Year I would get my act together and post on here.

So how are things with each of you? Everyone travel safe over the holidays? Jobs and school going well?

Things in Texas are going well. I got a new job (thank goodness) at the beginning of December and have been going 100 miles an hour since then. I am working as a healthcare consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), and it is great. Brian works there too and I had hoped to see him a bit more, but no such luck. My second week I was assigned to a project in Pittsburgh, PA where it looks like I will be for the next 3-6 months. I fly out Monday morning and fly home Thursday night, not to fun to be away, but I do get a lot done when there is nothing to do but work and sit in my hotel room. If anyone is every in Pittsburgh come visit (why anyone would be there is another question).

A couple of months ago someone mentioned the idea of an “East Coast Reunion”, it might be fun to do that while I am still headed out there every week. Brea, I think we should look into it.

Anyway on to more news, we are expecting a baby! Yes, you read that correctly, and I should clarify and let you know it is a baby human, not a new pet (my brother needed clarification). We are expecting a little boy (95% sure, found out this morning), due the second week of July. So far so good, except he wasn’t cooperative at all this morning when the doctor was trying to determine gender.

I hope everyone is doing well!! Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! Congrats for babies!! I'm really excited for you Ash. And definitely, an east coast reunion is a must. Most of us ended up here, so it needs to happen. Alisha will even be in DC in Feb...that's really soon, but worth checking into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sooooo exciting! Congratulations. Joseph (the fiance) works for PwC too. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOO HAPPY for you!!! I think early Feb. is a good time for us (me? - not sure what Brad will be able to get to) since it's probably enough before the baby that it's fine. What time of Feb. is Alisha going to be there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she's coming beginning of february. The only prob is that I don't have any time off yet, so I can't travel, but if you want to come down to DC, I'd be more than happy to have you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Congrats Ashley! I'm so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super excited for you guys! ...And the bright side of being in a hotel most of the week is you get your own bed! Much more comfy. Poor John has a little corner of the bed with his own blankets so I can flop around all night not sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Ashley, that's exciting news! This is were all the TA'ing in women's health finally pays off :)

    I'm only an hour away from DC and would love to meet up with you guys if an "East Coast reunion" is planned.

    ReplyDelete