Friday, May 21, 2010

DC: Ready or not, here I come!!!

I accepted an internship position to work at AED Center for Health Communication in Washington, D.C. You all know the organization...those cute blue bags that Lauren and I have are from AED as well as the crazy social change poster in the 2nd year lab. They were at APHA and I'm sure we all visited their booth. The details are still a little fuzzy and I'm not totally sure if it's official, but as of now I am moving to Arlington, VA on June 3 and starting work Monday, June 7. I will be an intern in the research and evaluation office working on survey research (data analysis, data cleaning, report generating, lit review, etc) for a poverty reduction project. It's not exactly MPH stuff, but the organization does a ton of public health initiatives and other departments do consulting for CDC, USAID, NCI, NIH, etc. The internship is June-September and I hope to land a full time salary position in the meantime. Everything happened so quick and my head is still spinning, but I'm excited to go!

More details to come...

p.s. I'm trying to sell my contract starting June 1, so if you know of any single girls looking for a great place to live, send them my way. Rent is $250/mo private room, shared bath, furnished house, backyard, older BYU singles ward.

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY! I am so excited!! Good luck with the move and everything. Let me know what I can do to help! And just for the record, I still use my cute blue bag too. :)

    ReplyDelete