Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Graduation wallpaper???

Well, based on the fact that pretty much all of us who haven't graduated yet still won't be graduated in May (except maybe Mark- good luck on the deadlines!) this wallpaper may be a bit premature. Maybe it's just to instill hope, though, that if I finally really buckle down and finish my statistics that the day will finally arrive! Since finding out that I don't have until the 19th to turn in my paper (the committees want it two weeks early, so, on FRIDAY which won't happen) I have had much less motivation to work on it.

I'm staying busy teaching Intro to Biology and trying to figure out how the SLCC system all works. They kind of skipped most of my orientation since they needed someone to start ASAP, so we've been working through issues slowly. They just got me a contract on Monday (3 weeks late), but at least I'll get paid now!

And Ashley, I'm still planning on applying to the University of Texas unless i get a really cool job somewhere, so you'd at least have one of the MPHers in the same state... though based on my basic geographical understanding of the state Houston is a long way from your house ;-)

2 comments:

  1. as soon as i know if i passed the friday deadline i will change the wallpaper, well you guys can actually change it whenever you want. yeah i think i am going to miss that deadline too... grr... congratulations on getting a contract, I feel the same way at my job, i finally have voicemail... 3 weeks late! Come to texas, houston is pretty far but still in texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh academia... maybe one day I write an ode to it! Good luck everyone with getting done. I hope everyone is still planning to walk in April...I've already got our plane tickets and I'm so excited to see everyone!

    Alisha, I'm glad that you can get paid now. That always make life and work happier! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete