Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I was thin and cross. Now I'm fat and I'm happy

I love qualitative data! Words are more entertaining than numbers any day. I finally entered all my surveys (with a big thanks to my hired help--the undergrad!) and am now ready to review and analyze the data. I have 446 personal reflections to go through. It's a bit repetitive, but once in awhile I find a gem like this one, "I was thin and cross. Now I'm fat and I'm happy." I think that should be my new motto!

As for life on campus...ugh! Today I found out that my fieldwork projects were incorrectly registered (the blame to be determined...either me or the Kennedy Center) and so it looks like I am deficient 3 fieldwork credits. This is not good. Please cross your fingers that it was the Kennedy Center's fault so that the problem can be fixed with a click of a button. If not, I will have to write yet another petition and wait and wait and wait to see if it's approved. Oh the joys of academic hurdles and hoops!

2 comments:

  1. I think I should make that my motto too. I love being fat and happy! :) Good luck with the working out of the credits! Here's to hoping for a mistake elsewhere.
    I'm SO excited to see you and Alisha next week! Put on the steam... tss tss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on getting all that data entered - I know that that was a HUGE task!

    ReplyDelete