Saturday, April 10, 2010

Update

I have good news!

First, I scheduled my defense for the 19th of April.

Second, I was awarded a fellowship through the Cancer Research Center to do research over the summer. This means that I will be employed and can pay for food through the summer! Hooray!

Third, I decided on Boston University! I will move out to the Bean Town in August, after my fellowship is completed. I am really excited, and also very at peace with this decision. It feels right, and I am ready for a change. I really like the faculty there, I like the projects they are working on, and I also liked the city itself. The offer is also very generous - they committed to full tuition, health insurance, and a stipend for the entire duration of the program. And the stipend doesn't come with work hours attached, so I am getting paid to study. Weird! I have been working and going to school simultaneously for the past 5 years - I can't remember what life is like without having a job!

I hope things are going well for everyone. I am excited to see everyone at graduation!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Go Judy! Congratulations on making the decision, it can be a difficult thing to do, especially when it will determine the next four years of your life. But it sounds like its the right move for you. I think you will love Boston - when will you move?

    ReplyDelete