Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Virginia or Vermont?

I have some news! I was rejected at the University of Colorado. No waitlist, no nothing. It was technically my "dream" school, but for some odd reason Sara and I both felt relieved at the news. It is a top-notch med school, ranked 21st or so in NIH funding, with year-round sun and family close by.

Actually I have some more news! Sara got return emails from two of the med school wives at the two schools I was accepted to: one from Vermont and one from Virginia. While she read the letter from Vermont she said there was an unmistakable feeling of relief, that that is where we were supposed to be.

When she told me over the phone what she had felt, the same feeling came over me, and I knew! We are moving to Vermont! The furthest and coldest, wettest, and cloudiest place I applied to, ha ha. But, it'll be great. Lots of Maple syrup and Ben and Jerry's and fruit loop hills in the fall time. We'll be moving to Burlington July 30th.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you all the good news. And it justifies this blog yet again. Lets keep in touch! Congrats to those of you who have finished projects/defenses recently - miracles are real!

A couple pics I took while interviewing there...


3 comments:

  1. congratulations, that is so wonderful! I have always wanted to visit vermont... maybe we will end up there on a vacation someday...
    CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Now that the deciding is over, the real adventures can begin! Definitely keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Eli! That is awesome, I bet your anxious to get it all started now. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete