Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Neglected

Although I read the blog pretty much daily I feel as though I have greatly neglected it once again. I'm down to just shy of 2 weeks left in Maryland and I can't believe how fast the summer has gone. Seriously, is it really almost Fall?
The last few weeks have been busy but fairly uneventful. We had the DCEG (Division of Cancer Epidemiology & Genetics) summer poster & recognition day last week. All of the summer interns created a poster of the research they've been doing this summer and we all met together and then had a poster session where everyone from DCEG could come drill us. It was a lot of fun, but quite small. It's kind of a warm up for the gigantic NIH-wide poster day tomorrow. A lot of the other students have been doing research with a more genetic emphasis, so I was quite alone with my environmental correlates but I actually really liked that.
Aaron and I are trying to get done everything that we should probably do while in the same state...at this point mostly working on getting our engagement pictures taken. One of my friends out here is a photographer, so he's going to take them for us, but how do you decide what to wear? I am just so not good at all this... wish us luck!
I hope everyone travels or has travelled back to Provo safely! I fly back on the 19th, so I'll see you all after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment