Thursday, August 6, 2009

You have reached your message limit...

Sure, something you expect to see when your texting or something, right? No, this was what my Gmail account told me after a day of resending emails to EVERY single medical school student (13 universities) who I have an email address for. Apparently there is a limit to the number of wrong email addresses you can send messages to (to limit spammers i imagine), so the 1500 or so messages i sent (mostly one by one by hand to try to change all the wrong addresses i had just enough to maybe accidentaly stumble upon the right address) resulted in too many returned messages. Basically I was banned from contacting the Gmail server with new mail to be sent during the next 24 hours... So I had to switch over to my hotmail account.

The good news is that tomorrow i get to do the same thing with nursing students! Yay!

Oh...and tomorrow´s the last official day as a PAHO intern, and I head back home on Tuesday afternoon. The sad part is that I probably will be in the office Mon and Tues anyway, just to get as much of this done before I go as is humanly possible. Too bad Ecuadorians don´t believe in returning phone calls or emails...it would have just been too easy that way!

See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment