Monday, January 18, 2010

One Class and No Free Time

In my life it always happens that I'm continually looking forward to the day when I will have more free time. Alas that day continues to allude me. I thought this semester with only having one class and my commute time being cut down that I would have time to catch up on all the things on the back burner. I think I have about 100 back burners so there is a lot I have been putting off. Now I am looking forward to when this semester ends and I will have all that free time. Being engaged does not equal free time.

I was not looking forward to the holidays ending. I needed some more recuperation time, but the day came and I was quite pleased to find that it only took 30 minutes to drive to the BYU Salt Lake Center. I am taking the Non-profit structure and finance class and am the only MPH student everyone else is a MPA. The class is late at night which is hard because that is not when I do my best learning but the professor is a great lecturer. So far I have stayed awake and alert.

Tim and I have been busy looking for a place to live, we made an offer on a condo in Centerville. Wedding plans are coming along and we have been collecting an odd assortment of everyone's unwanted furniture. I had fraud on my credit card and had to go through the hassle of getting that fixed and credit card canceled. Working full time at Primary Children's has been really busy so far this year. I think my patients continue to get more critical. I still try to find time to work on my project but I'm feeling rather unmotivated. But as many of you are suffering also perhaps we can help each other get this ridiculous paperwork done. Well that's the update, top it off with that fact I have developed a nice sore throat and fatigue. I'm lucky if I get to sleep by 1 am (last night I worked so no sleep) Please tell me things slow down eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Things will slow down eventually. My life was no where near as busy as yours but after leaving school I have done... pretty much nothing, granted I do start work tomorrow so that will change. Congratulations on putting an offer down on a condo, that is so exciting! Still going for the first time homebuyer credit? I totally agree with the graduate project thing, I also have 0 motivation (which isnt good since I also need to finish). No advice on what to do, maryanne told me to suck it up (well in nicer words since she is sweeter than I am), but that didnt help I am still totally unmotivated. If you find out how to get going on that LET ME KNOW!

    ReplyDelete