Friday, September 3, 2010

The End of Summer

As Ashley put my name in the email, I should also contribute to the blog. I have about 5 posts in que, but haven't finished one yet. This summer has been crazy. I am officially a Virginian--drivers license, license plates, voter registration--the whole shebang! I'm not sure how I feel about it. Even after living in Utah for 9 years, I never changed my Washington status, so this is all new to me.

Work has been going well. I am definitely doing public health, but on the domestic side. My internship ends September 30, so I'm feeling quite anxious and antsy about finding a job. I've applied a couple of places, but haven't had a single interview. I might be be able to stay on at AED, but that is not definite yet. Any leads or contacts in the DC area?

So this summer, I've had some fun adventures, and as they will all be explained with pics in my personal blog, I'll just give the run down here.

Summer in DC:
  • Sailing for my first time in Maryland
  • 4th of July in the Capitol with fireworks, Jefferson Monument, and the Potomac for a view
  • Hiking and camping in the Shenandoah National Forest, with an awesome natural waterslide
  • Weekend trip to Smith Family Lake, where "What About Bob" was filmed. Yup, we even went to the house and stopped by Gutman's Cafe. We rented boats and I was able to wakeboard and even teach a few others the joys of wakeboarding.
  • Roadtrip from Utah to DC
  • UKRAINE! Yes, it was a very impromptu trip to Ukraine for the Temple Dedication. I stayed about 9 days and it was incredible!!!!
  • Marathon Training--I run the Richmond Marathon on Nov 13. Lauren, any tips???
I think that sums up the highlights. I am enjoying DC, but definitely miss Provo and all of you. If you are in the area, give me a call. I plan on purchasing an air mattress very soon, so now you have a place to sleep when you visit.

Most of us have personal blogs, but I think it's fun to contribute to the cohort blog once in awhile, especially if it has to do with job/MPH/school related things.

Miss you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment