Thursday, September 2, 2010

Im Alive

You are right... it is about high time I post. I have been a MPH blog slacker.

First off, congrats to all the upcoming babies out there!! That really is exciting. Also, I can't believe how spread out we all when just a few months ago we were in the lab. We need to plan some cohort field trips across the USA.

Well here is my update. We made it Cali and are loving the weather and activities. Mike is LOVING school (he was on "suicide watch" at his last job and was SO ready for something new) so I couldn't be happier for him. I am really loving it here, but I am still in the awkward stage of trying to adjust to a new life, a new city, a new group of friends (that don't exist yet- Im hoping they come soon), etc, etc. There is no place like home, but San Diego is a close second.

I am still in not-so-fun process of a job search in this awesome economy. We have only been here 2 weeks, but I feel like I have been unemployed forever and am a complete waste of space. I have interviewed with some great organizations, so I am hoping something works out. Ill keep you posted. Until then if anyone want to come to San Diego- I am free and available to take you around:)

Well I miss you all. Good luck with jobs, school, babies, etc. And seriously, come to Cali to visit!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you in the awkward stage. I'm there too. I'm told it passes. :)

    Josh West called Brad the other night and at the end of their conversation he asked how I was doing with the move. Josh said he and his wife loved SD, but if she could have killed him in the first little while there, she would have. Good to know we're not the only ones who've taken a couple of months to adjust . . .

    ReplyDelete