Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fort Ethan Allen

Hey folks!

Heres a couple photos (you know I have to include photos with every blog post!) I took this week in our new area. We're loving it! I passed my first course (Yeah biostats and epi, with genetics and ethics), and one week into my second. The hard stuff starts in 3 weeks so for now we're mostly reviewing and its pretty chill. Meanwhile, we've been able to go camping and see covered bridges, go to Montreal, and the beach (don't get too excited its just a lake beach, no waves but nice and warm water!)

Still unpacking but thats a long process. Things are going well. There's one other lds family (he has 2 kids) in my year and we have gotten pretty close in the few weeks we've lived next door to them. Their house is the closest one on the right, we live on the top floor of the white one. Sara and Tanner and doing great. They hang out with the neighbors a lot, well pretty much every day. Right now we've got some wicked black Earlish clouds outside, the beginnings of which you can see from the photos, but I bet its nothing compared to what Judy experienced in Boston.

Oh, the neighborhood is called Fort Ethan Allen. Until 1960 it was an actual military base (our street was for non-commissioned officers and that abandoned church was actually used for church at one time). Its pretty and quiet and we have a community garden and a ton of open space and playgrounds. And the bus stop in front of our house takes us right to the med school!

I'll write more later but its good to hear from everyone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment