Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Alive Too

Hi cohort,
I'm alive, but you probably knew that based on the fact that i sent out an email. Things are okay in texas, but i have to echo maryanne and lauren, even after 9 months here I am still working on adjusting life away from Utah. We are headed to utah tomorrow, and I am so excited- Pete and Alina I am stoked (yes stoked to see you!), camille I will miss you tons and tons. The most exciting thing happening for us is that we got a cat... three months ago- she is still awesome. Nothing much to report, I have a job but well... nevermind I will keep my comments to myself on that. I miss working in public health every day so if you hear of anything.... Hm... what else can i tell you about... oh yeah a couple weeks ago I had strep and mono- yes you read that correctly, eli would have kicked me out of the lab in about 2 minutes, but I went to work instead- that's right, I have limited sick and vacation days and had to go in so that wasnt public health. I am happy to report that i consistently educate my coworkers on public health issues, force them to use sanitzer and pass out "this is public health" stickers- i also sign my emails ph (public health)- strange yes. I think I have finally decided on my next step- I am going to apply to nursing school next fall, I start the prereqs next week. Other than that I hope all is well with everyone, and if you ever want to come to dallas you are welcome any time- I would say I would show you around, but let's face it, this is dallas not much to see.
have a wonderful labor day weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sad I'm going to miss you. Hopefully i can work out a drive by on Monday! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, if I had a way to get to Dallas, I would. I don't think it's that boring. I want to try the restaurants I saw you post about. And I really want to meet your cat. I love cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for a trip to Dallas! I just need a job so I can get out there. I expect eating Texas BBQ while I'm there. Mary Anne, we should plan our trips together!

    ReplyDelete