Thursday, March 25, 2010

And the winner is...

...the University of North Carolina. I sent them my acceptance email this morning and told the University of Washington I wasn't coming. It was such a hard decision because they are both fantastic schools and I could really see myself at either place. UNC offered me a spot on an NIH training grant in environmental epidemiology on Tuesday morning, so I had equivalent funding offers from UW and UNC. In the end, it came down to the potential to continue to work in person with my mentor at NIEHS, a mere 15 minutes from UNC, and just a gut feeling. I feel UNC just fits us a little bit better.

Well, I'll see some of you tomorrow and the rest in a few more weeks. Can't wait to see where everyone else ends up.

John Beard, MPH (I'm totally with Ashley; signing the MPH just doesn't get old. =))

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the funding! I'm sure UNC will be great. I've heard nothing but great things! I'm so excited for all of you! Good luck with all the adventures to come. I'm looking forward to hearing all about them!

    ReplyDelete