Friday, March 26, 2010

...and I'm a believer!

5:07 PM Complete Relief!!!

Let me tell you how my last hours have gone:

Yesterday 4:00 PM Finished Results Section
7:37 PM Still writing discussion
8:45 PM Still writing discussion
9:00 PM Interruption/Break
10:00 PM Alisha goes home and I'm all alone in RB 126, still writing discussion
10:33 PM Writing limitations and peeling back my eyelids to keep them open
10:46 PM Finish first draft
10:48 PM Leave RB 126

Today
8:30 AM Find a close parking spot
8:33 AM Start revisions on all sections
10:42 AM Adding quotes, still revising
11:00 AM Send report to Ashley for editing (thanks Ash!!!)
12:00 PM Graduation Banquet (missed all you non provo-ites)
1:34 PM Return to Lab for continued revisions
3:30 PM Sill revising
3:55 PM Formatting
4:00 PM Printing
4:04 PM Printing Trauma!!! (might have had some tears)
4:27 PM Printing and stapling success
4:31 PM Turn in project report to RT (quite a pleasant and validating chat)
4:40 PM Stalled by Dr. Cole
4:53 PM Turn in project report to Dr. L. and drop off report to Dr. Thygerson's box
5:00 PM Shock

And that brings me to the blog post...
I turned in a draft of my project report to my committee. Somehow today's self-imposed deadline was met. I'm not sure how I did it, but I'm sure there was some divine intervention. I'm definitely a believer! Ask me if I believe in miracles--the answer is a definite YES. Now, I know there are still revisions to be made, edits to write, maybe tears to be shed, but for now, I feel great. (thanks to everyone who was so supportive and encouraging during this week of stress and anxiety--I sincerely appreciate your love and concern. also thanks for reading and/or listening to all my rants about projects and deadlines, you guys are the best!)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go we knew you could do it! By the way did anyone have the shrek song playing in their head as they read this post... no, just me? I have got to get out more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Brea! Sorry Friday was so crazy for me and I couldn't help edit. I'm glad Ashley could come through for you! I'd be more than willing to look at a newer draft. Hooray for meeting self-imposed deadlines and being one giant leap closer to graduating!!

    Ashley, I had that song playing in my head too. Maybe I need to get out more as well!

    ReplyDelete