Friday, March 26, 2010

Feelin' the Love

We had the department banquet for graduates today, and I was feeling so much love for all of you! (Here comes the cheese . . .) I am so grateful that you have all been part of my life. I respect all of you so much. I just felt privileged to have been a part of our cohort. I don't think everyone gets as close as we got. I really do feel like my life is better because I have known each of you. I was telling my mom about everyone on the way home (not that she hasn't heard a lot about you already) and I thought, "Wow - every single person is SO amazing!" Thanks to all of you for being my friend! I love you! Can't wait until April!!! (I would be up for something a little sooner for those of us who are around . . .)

P.S. I genuinely missed everyone who wasn't there.
P.P.S. I was also feeling love for all of our faculty - have we thought of doing something for them to say thank you? Maybe even something as simple as a card? Just a thought. They really are wonderful! We're so lucky to have had them.

2 comments:

  1. I thought maybe we could say thank you to them on graduation day. You know have lunch and maybe thank them and our families at the same time? I know ultra cheesy but it is graduation and even I will be shedding a few tears (not out of anger, thanks pete) so I thought it would be a good time. I miss you guys tons and tons, and echo MaryAnne's comments, you guys are awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before the banquet Sara and I were thinking the same thing...how do you pick from a group so diverse and so dedicated? - seriously, each individual member of our cohort has been involved in some really great things. I also feel very privileged to know you guys and to have become friends with you over the last year and a half.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete