Tuesday, June 9, 2009

East Coast Adventures

Hey! I know its been a while, but I wanted to finally update everyone on what I've been up to. I'm loving working at the NCI. I'm still using SAS almost everyday, but I'm almost done with all the analysis so hopefully that will be phasing out. But now I really do love SAS! Dr. Merrill will be so proud. I've completed all the figures for my first project, so I feel like I'm accomplishing something (which is always a good feeling).

I get to see Aaron pretty much everyday and on the weekends we travel around a lot. Over Memorial Day we went down to the Outer Banks, North Carolina and stayed in a huge beach house with a bunch of other singles from the greater DC and other east coast areas.


The beach in North Carolina (above). Its no Barbados, but we loved it. The beach house we stayed in was huge and beautiful (below).
We also went down to DC to see more of the city and the Smithsonians 2 weekends ago. We played in the Air & Space, American Indian, and Natural History Smithsonians all day and then went down to the momuments around dusk. I wanted to see them at night, but we got too tired and settled for sunset.
I found all sorts of guns! But I also found out I was too tall to be a stewardess. :( Sad day. There goes my dream of dropping out of the program to explore the world as a stewardess!

The monuments were beautiful at sunset too. The fountains were on at the WWII (below) and at the FDR monument and everything. It was a lot better than the freezing cold! Although its been raining like crazy here, the weekends have been incredibly beautiful...I'm sure the humidity is on its way.


This past weekend we went to visit my aunt and uncle and their family up in Pennsylvania. It was fun to play with my little cousins and see more the Easton/Lehigh area. Its absolutely beautiful up there...and there's so much open space! I haven't uploaded those pics to my computer yet, but I'll put some up next time.

So pretty much life is great. I miss the lab and getting ice cream cones at Macey's, but I can't complain. I love reading about everyone's adventures on the blog too. Keep us all updated on EVERYTHING! Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Camille! It's Sara, Eli's wife. I have a question for ya. Do you think I could get around easily with just myself and Tanner? I really want to get to DC but Eli isn't sure I could do it alone. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like there is information missing from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sara! We can talk about it more when I see you at the baseball game Friday, but I think you can do it! Its harder to get to DC from Baltimore, but the MARC train is a pretty straight shot. I would recommend travelling light especially with the baby, but think of where you'd want to go and we can chat about it. Aaron might know more than me too, so we can consult him. I'm excited to see you all soon!

    Ashley - what kind of information are you left wanting for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds of so fun, and of so romantic (other than the SAS portion of course). Im with Ashley- I want the missing info

    ReplyDelete