Monday, June 22, 2009

This is Public Health


Ok, so we all remember the "This is Public Health" campaign. Well as I walked into the women's bathroom in the PAHO office, I really wished I had some stickers.


Yes, sitting on the counter in a nice basket are a bunch of condoms. I noticed it the first day and realized the stock pile was low. Well coming into work today (Monday), I was happy to see that the baskets in both bathrooms had been refilled. I know some people might have issues with this, but as this is a public health building and the Caribbean has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world outside of Sub Saharan Africa, I thought it was appropriate. I hope all you who worked on the STD/STI projects this past year will appreciate it as well. ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what it looked like in the UNICEF bathroom in Beijing. Same basket and everything. I have to admit, I had never seen nor heard of a female condom until my encounter with them in the UNICEF bathroom. At least they are keeping their workers safe. :)

    ReplyDelete