Friday, June 26, 2009

Me Voy

While most of you are finishing up your projects, mine are just getting started. I leave tonight on the red eye for Guatemala and have very mixed emotions. I am so excited to get out there are get started (and finished essentially), but I am really starting to freak out about leaving Mike for 2 months!!! Mark, Pete- I need some coaching because I don't know how you guys did it. Luckily he is coming to visit in 3 weeks, but still.

Of course it also doesn't help that I have heard about every horror story known to man about awful things that have happened to tourists, journalist, and volunteers in Guatemala (such as murders, abductions, kidnapping, rapings, etc, etc) People just need to keep their mouths shut- geez.

Well hope all of you are doing well. Like I said on my blog, I am not sure Ill have access to the internet while I'm there, but Ill post any chance I get.
Hasta Pronto!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, I definitely know how you feel. But, don't worry I am sure you will do great and things will go great. We will all be thinking about you (and everyone else too for that matter). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in Guatemala! I'm sure you'll be great. Make sure to take lots of pics and keep us updated on all you're doing down there. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, on the positive side, at least you're in Guatemala and not Honduras! You haven't recently been part of a military coup, so there's always a silver lining to every cloud...;-)

    You'll have a great time. You have a really cool project set up. Mine's ended up being more office time than I expected, and lot's of learning how to work with stakeholders. It sounds like you'll get to be out in el Campo, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete