Tuesday, June 2, 2009

There is a manhole cover in my apartment...

So we moved into our new place... let me just say I never knew that Wymount would seem like a palace... I would gladly move back into 881 in a heartbeat. I tried to post pictures on here but they didnt work- I did post them on my blog so if you really want to see them they are waiting for you. Just a few things about this place, until we trekked 4 miles (which took 2 hours and 3 trains) there was not a microwave, there are two pots, one room, a shower in the living room/bedroom/ kitchen, and a manhole cover in the toilet area/closet. This is an exciting adventure, but on an actual good note there are no rats here (we were told there were rats at our other place) after a germ filled summer I may be ready to go swimming at Lake Powell in September- I mean really what's a little dirty water compared with daily subway rides, rats in the street, and a manhole cover (seriously!) in the bathroom?

 By the way I am pretty sure there was a naked guy/flasher on the subway yesterday (this update is for Pete), he was wearing what can only be described as a puffy coat (just a bit longer than MaryAnne's cute white one) dress shoes, dress socks, and an ipod, his coat was zipped when he walked past me, but as he walking down the stairs I am pretty sure he unzipped it because several people gasped in horror as they clutched their maps (tourists). 


2 comments:

  1. The flasher kind of reminds me of what I was falsely accused for when i walked into a hotel room in Washington with a blanket over, what some thought, might be nothing??? Seriously...how could I get labeled and one who would do something like that...does sound kind of funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kill me... I can't wait to hear all of these stories first hand. Im off to your blog to check out the pics.

    ReplyDelete