Monday, June 15, 2009

So, Pete and I spent the weekend in Rome with his wife and her mom and sister. They actually left on Thursday night and spent Friday in Florence, but we all met up on Saturday morning in Rome. Rome is officially my favorite city ever! There is so much to do and see there, two days just did not do it justice - I guess I'll just have to go back someday. Here are some pics from our escapades:


This is the view overlooking the Vatican City and most of central Rome from the top of St. Peter's Basillica. The Sitine chapel is the dull brown colored building jutting out from the bottom left hand corner of the photo. Below are Michelangelo's frescoes inside the chapel - amazing! Sorry about the poor quality, there was not a lot of light in there, and we actually weren't allowed to take pics, so I had to take 'em on the sly.






The two pics below are are of some art work in the Vatican Museum. I spent two hours in the musuem and only saw a fraction of the entire place - again, I'll just have to go back again someday.



Above is the cool looing exit out of the Vatican Museum. Below is a view looking out of the entrance area of the Pantheon (which was amazing!); and below that is the inside of the Pantheon.



The Colloseum, in all it's majesty:



And my favorite: St. Peter's Basillica. This place is huge!!! Below is a view of the altar looking up at the dome/capula. We attended Mass here on Sunday which was quite an experience.

1 comment:

  1. Augh!!! I am so jealous. I was in Rome a few summers ago, but only got to spend one day there. It's definitely at the top of my list of favorite cities!

    ReplyDelete