Monday, July 20, 2009

Distractions

I have been a total slacker in updating the blog (obviously), so I am finally trying to repent. Part of the procrastination is the hope that I would take the time to blog at home where I could post pictures, but those will have to wait as my lunch break is short and the pics are inaccessible.

The last month and a half (yes, its almost been that long since my last post) has been quite the adventure. Of course Ashley posted about Aaron and I going up to New York. We had a blast eating, sight seeing, eating, playing with Ashley & Brian, eating, hanging out with our friend Gabe, did I mention eating?

The next week (June22-28) was pretty insane at work. I have been working on 2 projects and I had a big analysis to get done on my lung cancer project and I was asked to present what I've being doing this summer at the Infections & Immunoepidemiology Branch Meeting (which are about the most intense meetings I've ever been to) on July 14th. You may scoff and think that that's almost 3 full weeks away, but the stressful part was that I was going to Utah for almost 2 weeks and returning July 13th. So I had to finish the lung cancer analysis and put together my entire presentation for the meeting by that Thursday since my mentor was going out of town. Luckily, I got it all done and thus was able to leave for Utah stressed, but task free.

I celebrated my birthday, June 29th by working most of the day (it was the day before the trip), but that night Aaron made me dinner (from scratch) and took me to a chick flick (which is a pretty big deal for him to do:). He also had flowers waiting in my bedroom so when I walked in to set my stuff down from work they were waiting for me. It was a great birthday!

The next day we flew off to Utah for two whirlwind weeks of family and driving. Aaron has pretty much the whole month of July off (and my researcher was going out of town), so we decided to come back to Utah for the 4th and Aaron's family reunion. We went down to his family's cabin at Fish Lake for the 4th of July, tried to spend as much time with my family during the week as possible, drove up to Idaho with his family the next weekend for a big family reunion, came back to Sandy Sunday night and I flew back to Maryland Monday afternoon. It was crazy, but so much fun. We drove up to Idaho through the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone which were absolutely gorgeous (I'll try to post pictures soon).

Well I got back to my house in Maryland just before midnight Monday, July 13th and was at work early Tuesday morning frantically trying to review and perfectionize my presentation of the meeting. Luckily I saved it onto a jump drive just as the entire server went down and messed everyone's computers up. But my presentation went well and I was grateful I had said my prayers that morning!!

Well this is getting way too long so I will finish up. I won't bore you with all my other distractions that perpetually keep me from the blog. Oh, but just in case you're curious. . . Aaron and I aren't officially engaged yet, but we are getting married December 30th!!!!!!! I'll add more updates and official stories as they unfold! I miss you all!

3 comments: