Thursday, July 16, 2009

"This is my post"

I just watched Dances with Wolves and it says, "This is my post" about 7 times, so..."This is my post." I finally met with Carl this week and he was nice enough not to try to change my mind on all of this. I think I was pretty convincing that I was sure when I told him I was moving to D.C. So here is this latest: I have to write a statement to Mike Barnes about my experience with the MPH so that the next time they get accredited, they can show that it wasn't because there is something wrong with the program. I told the UCHD that I wasn't going to be continuing my work there and they asked if they could take me to lunch. I should quit things more often. Dr Merrill saw me as I was cleaning out my cubicle and encouraged me to get a Master's degree in Biostats. I said, thanks, but no thanks... I couldn't handle thinking that hard.

So, I've had some phone interviews and have another one this friday. Then I'm going out to D.C. monday for a couple of in-person interviews. Hopefully I will get hired to one of those positions, but I've decided to move even if I don't have a job yet. That should make me nervous, but it really doesn't. Hopefully that means I'm making a good decision. While I'm out there, I'm going to hit up a Nationals game and try to bike around the monuments. I wish I'd kept my metro card from our trip. I could have saved 38 cents on this trip!

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck in DC!!!!!!!!! Sorry about your 38 cents, that sounds... tragic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz I can't remember if you had family or friends in DC, but if you need somewhere to stay you can crash with me! I'm pretty close to the metro and its not too bad of a ride into DC. Good luck working everything out! And I agree with Ashley, the 38 cents is such a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm excited for you that you are taking a leap of faith and trying something new. Crazy how life unfolds. I wish you the best of luck in DC! And, Dr. Merrill never encouraged me to get a degree in biostats, I wonder why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh imagining that conversation with Dr. Merrill...I do wish you the best though! Maybe when I get back I´ll fish around in the luggage that I took to DC and see if I find any Metro cards for you. I think one of them had at least 40 cents on it!

    ReplyDelete