Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tired

I usually hate it when summer goes by fast. I love summer. I love everything about summer. Long summer days, hot sun, lakes, beaches, swimming, hiking, shorts, flip flops, popsicles, bbqs, fireworks, floating the river, less stress, vacations, bike rides, road trips, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, the feeling that anything can happen, strawberries, watermelon, ice cold water, tourists, no homework, tans, running outside, picnics, reunions, carefree days.....to name a few.

But this summer, I wish would just hurry up. I still love all those things about summer, but I'm tired. I've spoken to a few of you and I think we're in agreement that fieldwork experiences are long and most of us who traveled away are ready to come home. Yes, even being in "paradise" I am ready to come home. I just finished week 7 here and have two more to go. I hate that I am checking my planner and counting days, it makes me feel like I'm cheating summer or that summer is cheating me. I've had a few of those favorite things about summer this year (beaches, swimming, hot weather), but I miss the care free days of summer when I get up whenever my eyes open and I play outside until 10 when it finally gets completely dark. I want to join in the summer bbqs and take some time to lounge at a pool (especially now since I have a nice tan--well as tan as a super fair and blonde girl can get), and to eat popsicles while chatting it up with friends. Yes, I am ready to leave paradise. Yes, I am ready to be done with fieldwork. Yes, I am ready to come home.

Anyone else feel this way?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your 100%, but two weeks left, that is fantastic and I would be lying if I didnt say I was insanely jealous!

    ReplyDelete