Friday, July 31, 2009

Yes I know this is very overdue

Hello everyone! I know you all are thinking that I have been sucked into a black hole. However, I am alive and well and feeling rather burned out. I have been slowly plugging along in my fieldwork. I have been doing a lot of survey development and analysis for a project the State Health Department is working on. Specifically with FFA, yes the Future Farmers of America. I have to say surveying a bunch of teenagers does yield some rather comical results. When asking about their concern with agricultural respiratory health and if they wanted more education about how to protect themselves I got quite a few "don't worry about it" responses. Apparently teens could care less about prevention. I also got a few participants who reported that they were both male and female or 1000 years old. Yes these responses to add a little color to my day however they do not help in getting an accurate picture. Thankfully I think I'm nearing the end of fieldwork and have that lovely write up to look forward to. I am still in need of a project however so if anyone has heard of anything let me know. I am also still working full time at Primary Children's Hospital. I have had quite a few 15 hour days the last few weeks due to extremely busy patient loads. Either someone has it out for me or they are testing just how far they can push my limit. I am struggling with the idea of classes starting up again as I feel as though I need another summer break to recover. I am going to try my best however to get back into the swing of things and change my attitude. I am going on a family vacation next weekend so maybe that will help.

2 comments:

  1. Alina!! I'm so happy you're alive! It sounds like you've had quite the busy summer...I hope that family vacation is the refresher you need! Good luck with everything...see you soon!

    ReplyDelete