Thursday, May 14, 2009

Exciting News . . .


No, I'm not pregnant again, but I hope the title made you all a little nervous.  I am working at the Utah Department of Health for my internship and I overheard someone in the cubicle over say, ". . . then Utah could get its NFP . . ."  I think they are trying allocate funds to get it working!  I was glad to know that it's not off the radar and that something that we worked on is in process.  I really hope it goes well.  I will keep you all posted on what I overhear.  Luckily the people next to me are loud, so I should have regular updates. :)

The summer is going really well so far!  Annie has started smiling quite a bit and I'm certain she laughed today.  I'm surprised by how much I miss her during the day.  We took her into her 2 month appointment (don't worry-we immunized) and we volunteered to be part of a meningal coccal vaccine study.  I felt it my moral duty as a public health professional, but I was thrilled to be randomized to the control group.  

Brad took the MCAT a couple of weeks ago, so we should find out his scores in a few weeks . . . cross your fingers for us.   He's being the stay at home dad right now while I do my internship and working from home. 

That's us in a nutshell for right now.  I really do miss you all and I hope that everyone is doing well!

P.S.  The picture is of Annie and her cousin Grace (Annie's on the right).  We thought it was cute since they were mirror images of each other.  I'll post some smiley pictures soon.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well MaryAnne. It took me a while to figure out what NFP was, but I eventually got it. Good job to those of you who were in that group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with the eavesdropping skills! That is way exciting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Brad, I am sure he did great, but I do know how it feels to be waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara Leavitt told me the other day that they quote our NFP stuff all the time. Way to do some useful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome guys! I'm with Pete; I'm quite impressed with the eavesdropping. Sometimes I love working in an office just so I can know what's going on with everyone...I miss the lab!

    ReplyDelete