Thursday, May 21, 2009

Proposals...stink.

It's Thursday night at 10:45 pm and I am working on my fieldwork proposal. I don't know how all of you wrote these proposals, but I am struggling with it. I think I am officially the last one to be doing my proposal and I'm cutting it pretty close, as Rosemary so kindly reminded me in an email saying that I needed to submit my proposal at least one week before I defend it. That means I have to turn it in tomorrow and get the defense scheduled. I finally bought plane tickets and am officially headed to Barbados. I'll be leaving June 2 and returning August 4. My landlady ok'd having visitors stay...so any takers? Weekend in Barbados? Sounds good to me!

Wish me luck on the proposal and defense....just like biostats, I'm just hoping to pass!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Brea! Just think, before you know it, you'll be lying on a warm white sand beach.... I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark is right Brea, you just have to make it through a few more weeks and then your life will take a turn for the better. Good luck with the proposal and I'll be looking forward to news from Barbados!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you on the proposals stinking thing. But, I got your proposal announcement this morning, so I guess you survived! Congrats and here's to hoping the fieldwork itself is better than the proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the enocouragement on the proposals. Miracles happened and I got all the signatures needed, even RT signed it without even reading it! 10 days and I will be in paradise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah she tends to sign without reading as evidence by my meeting

    ReplyDelete