Saturday, May 16, 2009

Summer Achievement

So, while you all are saving the world, I am baking cakes. Really. I made a rainbow cake today.
That's what one layer looked like before I frosted it and added some peaches and stuff. Important work to be done here...



But really, I am making some progress. I'm *hopefully* going to be doing my fieldwork updating the Welcome Baby curriculum at the UCHD. I'm halfway through my proposal. How did you guys get the motivation to write this thing. I get bored after every couple sentences. But, it will be done someday!

3 comments:

  1. how do you make a rainbow cake, it just looks so exciting i need to know. I never got the motivation to write the proposal after last semester I dont have any motivation left, but it starts to write itself after awhile so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it a "special" rainbow cake? That might help with motivation! Maybe Pete's brother has a recipe to share? But seriously, depending on the committee the proposal will only be skimmed. However, I'm looking at your rainbow peach cake right now, and I can tell you that if you try to make your proposal as enticing as your rainbow peach cake (and maybe this is just me craving some actual food instead of, well.. have you seen my fridge?), maybe then, unlike my committee, yours will actually read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go LIz! I could use some of that cake about right now, I am sure it would cost me an arm and a leg here in Geneva. Good luck with the proposal thing, it really is a pain in the butt huh?, I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete