Friday, May 8, 2009

Summer!

Hello everyone!

I am a envious of Mark's photos and Eli's cool road trip. Geneva looks beautiful!! I bet there are a lot of romantic spots for you and Pete to visit...

So, these past two weeks are the first weeks since January that I've had unstructured time on my hands. I like it, but at the same time, I've been trying to figure out what to do with myself. I've been hiking twice, rock climbing once, baked three loaves of bread, made pumpkin cookies, learned two new songs on the guitar, and borrowed a few piano pieces to work on.

The only exciting thing that I can think of is a little traffic accident I had yesterday. I am normally a good driver - I have never gotten a ticket or been pulled over. Yesterday, I was trying to turn right on a red light on 3700 N and University Ave. I was looking left to check for traffic, and when I finally thought it was safe to go, I lifted my foot off of the brake pedal and looked right.

Suddenly, there's this biker right in front of my car and she just tipped over on her bike! I think she must have been right in front of my car because I hadn't even pushed the gas pedal, I just lifted my foot off the brake and the car must have tipped her bike over. And of course, there just happens to be a nurse there who calls 911. Shortly after, the firetrucks came with full sirens blazing, and the police cars came with their sirens, and of course everyone is staring at me like I'm a bad person. They were probably thinking, "Dang Asian women drivers! Ship them back to China!"

So, the girl was fine - she literally just was tipped over and had a few scrapes, but she was ok. She was walking around about 3 minutes after it happened. She was crying and I thought her husband was going to kill me, but she was fine. And then the police came and then I thought to myself, "Oh no, this is it. I'm going to jail. Goodbye MPH, goodbye car, goodbye everything. Hello parole officer!"

I didn't get arrested, but I did get my first ticket. Ever. What a way to go down - the first ticket I ever got invovlved a biker, a 911 call, two firetrucks, and two police cars on one of the busiest intersections in Provo. I have never been so embarrassed in my life.

Can anyone figure out a way to reverse Murphy's Law? I could really use a cream or pill or something that would provide a little extra luck. A rabbit's foot, perhaps?

3 comments:

  1. Judy, Judy, Judy... you disappoint me. My mother always use to tell me "Mark, if you're going to do something (like knock someone over), do it properly!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an eventful day...but i think Mark's right. You got the ticket anyway, so why not have some real fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you should have you know... nevermind

    ReplyDelete